I'm coming back from it...

     Each day is a little better when it comes to the effects of chemo.  My mind is clearer and my body functions are better and more normal.  Up to this point, I have done everything that has been asked of me but I need your prayers as I go in next Monday.  I am asking God to reveal to me what I should or should not proceed with or by how much.  I am trusting He will answer through a means that will let me know He is directing my actions.  


     1 John 4:7-21 is our passage this week.  We will look at the big phrases, "God is love" and "perfect love casts out fear".  Here is a starter outline for me.  Why are we to love?


1.  because love is the essence of God, v.7, 8 - and God lives in us


2.  because love was manifested by Christ, v.9, 10 - He set our example


3.  because love is our testimony of Him, v.11, 12 - others see God when they see love in action


4.  because love is the assurance of our salvation, v.13-16 - Spirit-filled living


5.  because love is our confidence in judgment, v.17, 18 - no fear in the coming of the Lord


6.  because love is only reasonable, v.19-21 - a commandment and example set by God


"God is love"  just look at that.  God is the subject that gives definition to love.  So many times we make a definition of love and then try to put God into it.  That's why we get into trouble when we say things like "a loving God wouldn't do that."  We have taken our definition of love and tried to squeeze God into it when we should be just looking at God and letting Him define what love looks like.  I am so thankful for human love but I am more thankful for God love that covers all areas of life.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...