Sometimes I wonder...

     Sometimes I wonder if I am going to get better.  My days are pretty much the same with wound care and stoma care and soon to be added chemo sessions.  I am into this since January and 2 months from surgery.  I still can't sit down properly and haven't driven the car yet.  My days revolve around when I take my pain medications and when I have my dressing changed.  I guess I am throwing myself a pity party.  Life feels so much on hold right now.  Even when I plan something, it is so much up in the air depending on my physical condition.  When will I be normal again?  I get so many different answers from doctors and nurses.  I sometimes wonder.


     Tomorrow signifies the most normal thing in my life, Sunday morning worship.  I notice myself singing harder and louder now and not so winded when I get up to preach.  I am going through this in front of the congregation and I wonder why?  If there is one thing that has kept me sane it is the drive to complete the task of that morning message.


     I will touch on the story of Cain and Abel tomorrow.  It shows when we don't give as God directs,  others can see it.  God gives you the instruction and opportunity to change but will you do it?  Also what about a heart that doesn't condemn.  Is that what we seek?  A heart that doesn't condemn is so in love with God and others and believes in His name and abides in Him.  When we are like that, we speak to God differently.  John is leading us to what real authentic Christianity is.  Lord, help me convey it to the congregation.


Adam

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...