We have the time and place...

     Monday is the day, so we are 2 days away.  The surgery is at 12:45 p.m. and we have to arrive by 10:45 a.m. for prep work.  The surgery will be about 3 hours in length.  I will be in the hospital from 3 to 5 days.  Here is the address of the hospital.


Spectrum Health
Blodgett Campus
1840 Wealthy SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49506


     A very familiar part of Grand Rapids for us.  This is just up the road from the Amtrak train station that we have used over the years to get the kids back and forth to Texas.


     This week has gone well for preparation.  My sermon went together quick.  I have taken care of a few car issues to feel better about making the trips we will next week.  The lawn is mowed and I have been able to get in a few more cords of wood into the pole barn.  Paper work for the church is done 2 weeks ahead so I feel like I am prepared as much as I would if I were going on vacation.  I keep telling everyone that is what I am doing, going on vacation, but I don't think anyone believes me.


     One last note about this Sunday's message.  2 Peter 3:15, 16 has an exchange like no other in the Scriptures.  Peter is talking of Paul and what he has wrote.  It is very apparent that Peter has been reading Paul's letters to the churches.  Even Peter admits that there are some things that are hard to understand.  Peter calls Paul his brother and equates what Paul wrote with the rest of Scripture.  Peter's instruction, even with the hard passages, is to not twist the Scripture to fit to your liking.  Dig deep and ask the Holy Spirit's guidance when reading and studying the Word.


     God bless you all.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...