I'm back home again...

     After a great Sunday and very productive Monday (paperwork), Monday evening everything stopped.  I went to the ER and had an xray that told me I was backed up.  This was after I threw up twice.  I was sent home to see if I could pass the rest with medicine.  They did not want to irrigate the stoma so close to surgery.  After a couple hours home, we were back at the ER for a CAT scan that showed that I have a partial small intestine obstruction.  I proceeded to throw up again.  I found out another medicine that I am allergic to, only 5% are and I'm in there.  That put me in the hospital from Tuesday morning to Thursday evening for observation.


     My stay in the hospital was a lot of walking and not a lot of sleeping.  I crave just to fall off into a deep sleep.  I still feel like my guts are in a knot but gas and contents are moving through.  I am only on clear liquids to let my bowels rest.  It is sometimes hard to distinguish between bowel pain and incision pain.  I am staying away from the narcotic drugs for pain and just sticking with Motrin and Tylenol.  


     This has really rocked me.  I am talking to the Lord a lot lately.  I do feel like I am in His hands, it just hurts but that doesn't mean I don't have comfort from Him.  The doctors say this might take a couple weeks of very little intake, walking, and rest to correct itself.  Of course, all else is on hold until this gets under control.  Again, God's timing and my timing are not the same.


     I thank the Lord most for Stephanie who has cared for me like none other.  I hope to write again soon as I have the mind and energy to do so.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...