Walking the property...

     I love this picture that a "new" friend posted on Facebook.  It reminds me of home and the many walks made around the perimeter of the property with a 410 in my hands that my father gave me.  I was waiting for a grouse to flush or a rabbit to run but it didn't matter if that didn't happen because it was my "thinking" time.  As a young man I made that trip so many times I think I could have done it blindfolded.  I would come to one corner of the property and make a left and head to the next corner until I was all the way around.  I don't ever remember going around the other way.  This was well before cell phones and other electronic devices so the only way to get ahold of me was the blow of the hollowed out bull horn from my mother that dinner was on.  Wow, that is a great memory!!!


     Winter in northern Michigan is still green with some promise of the "white" stuff tonight and tomorrow.  We haven't seen it in so long that some are hoping it wouldn't happen this year and we could just head into spring.  I just keep my mind set that I will be on the tractor a few more times before we call it for the year.  It would be nice to post a few snowshoeing pictures before the season is up.


     A couple more things to share.  One is a statement that I heard in the video we showed last night at the youth group meeting.  "Those people you are helping are just as valuable as you are."  That will keep your motivation and humility in check.  Another from that same series is the four points about sin that I have used on a couple other occasions.
     1.  Sin grows - a little sin not resolved will lead to a bigger one
     2.  Sin society - those of "like" sins will find each other
     3.  Sin cycles - sin that doesn't result in transformation will cycle around again
     4.  Sin defines - is that sin defining your life or is Christ?


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...