Okay, so much for that resolution...

     Okay, so I knew it was going to be tough to blog something every day of the year.  I guess it is the case of the unexpected in our lives that become more important and take place of other things.  So I get back up after missing a couple of days I plunge on.


     I have had several opportunities to show the movie "Courageous" to our church along with a preview of it.  What a powerful movie.  If you have the opportunity, it is a definite must see on my list.  We showed it to our youth group on Wednesday night and I could not have imagined the outcome from the group.  There was such an outpouring of care for their fathers.  It stretches across the lines to all ages.


     Friday was a trip to Grand Rapids to drop off our last one at home for the holidays off at the train station.  It meant leaving home at 3:30 a.m.  We also scheduled our routine check up with the surgeon on the same day in Grand Rapids at 1:15 p.m.  It was a beautiful day to spend with my wife.  Problem was that a couple days before I came down with a fever and also a pain near my wound area.  That meant staying in Grand Rapids until a CAT scan could be done and read, meaning that we didn't start home until after 5 p.m.  A very long day but the results were that there is an abyss in the area that they have seen before but now it is infected.  I am on antibiotics to see if it will clear it up.  I am feeling better now and I think I will get a better night's sleep tonight.  I feel like I have taken a couple steps back on this recovery of the wound and I am definitely moving slower but the good news is that another CAT scan came back clear of cancer.


     Tomorrow marks a big Sunday.  For some it might be the first Sunday of the year for them.  We are performing some baptisms and offering communion and showing a couple real cool videos.  I hope you have a great day in the Lord's house with the Lord's people tomorrow.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...