The snow is melting in northern Michigan and probably the sap is running...

     So the lack of snow has me watching a documentary on the Iditarod race across Alaska.  That is sure a race of endurance for both mushers and dogs.  There is within me to do something that just puts you way out there.


     I am now on the Paul David Tripp book called "What Did You Expect??  Redeeming the Realities of Marriage".  Here are some points or some facts that we have to learn and live by.


"First, you will not escape the grief of life in the fallen world."
"Second, we all face trials."
"You see, most of us have a personal happiness paradigm.  God has a personal holiness paradigm."

     I was able to use some of the things I have learned from these last two books with a pre-marital counseling session I had on Sunday.  It definitely made me ask more important questions quicker in the conversation.  I think I have always asked these questions but maybe without the depth of conviction about the truths as I see and live them now.  

     Sermon prep is going well this week or at least I feel like I am on track and not behind my internal schedule.  Matthew 2 is the story of the Wise Men, the story of King Herod, and the story of God's direction to Egypt and back to Nazareth.  I think I will focus mostly on the worship of the Wise Men.  They give us some great principles to follow as we bow down before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  King Herod gives us the opposite and the chief priests and scribes show us what it means to be indifferent about it all.  I think many of our churches are full of those more like the scribes and chief priests rather than the Wise Men when it comes to worship.  

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...