Dryer repair...

     Repaired the 10 year old dryer today.  It brought back memories of working at the laundromat and dry cleaners repairing machines on a daily basis.  I needed to replace the rear bearing and it went well. I was surprised that the company that I got the part from also sent a link to watch a video at how to make the repair.  If I was back at the laundromat, I would probably have my lap top with me today.  It was so nice to have a whole day at home to dedicate to some projects that had been put on the back burner for a while.


     There was also time to go through a first run of Matthew 3.  We will be taking a closer look at John  the Baptist this Sunday along with baptism (John's and Jesus').  Some harsh words are given to the Pharisees and the Sadducees as they come out to see what is going on.  John was crying out to those like prostitutes and tax collectors who knew they needed to repent but he was also crying out to the religious elite who thought they didn't need to repent.  That got me thinking about my involvement in the gathering of the saints.  Those religious leaders just came out to see what was going on, could that be us when we come to church or Bible study and such.  We really haven't come to be open to hear what the presenter has to say.  We come to just observe or for others to see us or already critical of the message before we even hear it.  How do I keep myself hungry to learn and transform into what God wants me to be?  I need to continually check myself to really listen to who is presenting rather than forming that next statement that "I" am going to make.  I hope to also make the connection between the stones that John the Baptist talks about and the stones that Jesus talks about on His entry into Jerusalem on Palm Sunday.


     Sunday was a great day with awesome worship and a great lunch with some of the church family and hearing of a group from the church extending their fellowship to the sledding hill and then topping off the day with a phenomenal Bible study tackling a difficult passage and seeing the Holy Spirit guiding us through it.  What a great day!!


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...