Down To The River 1.20.16


A couple big words this morning to share with you, desolation and consolation.  What way do I turn on a regular basis?  I would like to think it is consolation but I am not sure that is my first reaction.  What about you?  Where do your turn your attention?  Jesus gives this instruction to His disciples and the Apostle Paul does the same for those like Timothy, Titus, and Silas.  So here is something to think about today as I face the facts of life that come upon myself.  I have a decision to make of where I will focus my attention.  I think this is how you can come out of a bad situation with an eventual appreciation for it.  I came to that point with my own cancer walk but there are still times I have to war off the desolation thoughts so the consolation thoughts will direct me to be used of God.

Adam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...