Bible reading week 36, day 2 and some thoughts on prayer....

Good Tuesday morning all.  We are back to school after a long weekend.  

I have been thinking about our 5 days of prayer.  I miss it.  I am sure one of the benefits was this scheduled time to gather to participate in a spiritual discipline that put me in a place to do this.  One of the attenders said that it helped her with the concept of sustained prayer.  The 45ish minutes of speaking with God got shorter and shorter in our minds because we were concentrated on Him.  The music became a background, the prayer slips became an assistance, and those around us became companions in prayer but the real audience of our attention was God Himself.

My heart was softened; my mind was set on God; my words were speaking directly to Him; and my body was a tool to worship Him.  I got a sense of what Jesus was asking us to do prior to all the other things.  We are to pray.  We are to have conversations with Him prior to talking about Him, serving for Him, and standing as His ambassadors to this world.  We had an opportunity to rise early and go up the mountain or to that deserted place to start the day with Him.

Needless to say, as I continue to pray, I am looking forward to our next 5 days of prayer.  Put it on your calendar for November 26 - 30 and we will gather up prayer slips again for this time of extended prayer and worship.  There are always important things to pray about but part of our focus will be the Christmas season that will be before us and our opportunity to share with our community the reason for this observance, Jesus Himself.  Will you join us some morning?  Be thinking, planning, and praying about it and for sure pencil it in on the calendar.  Even join us from afar and across different time zones to participate in this spiritual discipline that our Savior Himself instructed us to do.

Just some Tuesday thoughts from your pastor.  

Pastor Adam  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...