The start of a new habit

     I have always had a lot of thoughts but many of them have never made it to the computer or to paper so let's see if I can get some of them there.  I am a hunter by nature and so when the internet made its way into our lives, I had some new land to cover.  I enjoy researching just about anything and I'm always showing someone what I found on the web or directing them to a link so maybe this will be a good outlet for me.  I am not sure how many people will actually read this but to those who do, I hope it will be entertaining.  I think I will probably only put a link on the church website for now.

     I called it Pole Barn Thoughts because that is my space.  I don't think anyone else has been in the pole barn for a long time except Jason to pull out the snowmobile.  It's my domain and when I'm out there I'm always doing something and at the same time thinking and talking to God.  I have completed a lot of sermons in my mind in the pole barn while stacking wood or working on one of the cars.

     So pray for me to keep this up.  I think it will help me in the long run to keep other parts of my life more organized.  So for today, Merry Christmas to all.  I am thankful for my book of crossword puzzles and a time to see my dad and his wife.  A couple calls will be made to the 4 not here on Christmas day and a dinner with some friends this evening.

     Christmas truly has changed around the Wolfgang homestead.  The tree gets smaller and the presents fewer but the focus on Christ and each other's presence so much greater.  I like it that way.  It makes my book of crossword puzzles that much more precious.

     Last night, we conducted a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service.  25 years in the ministry and these tend to run together from year to year but this one for me was special.  My part was the reading of scripture called the History of Redemption that stopped me in my tracks as I felt the power of God's Word.  There was nothing I could or wanted to add to what God has already said and did and is going to do.  God continues to make Himself clear and known.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...