Chilled to the Bone

     Okay, so I am frozen to the bone.  I haven't went ice fishing since last year and that was only a couple hours so today's marathon at Thumb Lake and Lake Dixon has me as near to the wood stove that I can get.  Just some little perch today but it was a great time to spend with my son-in-law.  


     My study of James started this morning and I am always amazed at what I have missed before.  Just looking at the whole authorship issue and how the Bible can so simply answer the question rather than just looking to someone's opinion or searching out what the latest commentary says.  It is so important to make the Bible the first book of your life.


     I see James' transformation because of his acceptance of who Jesus is.  He goes from being a step-brother who criticizes Jesus at times to now a servant (doulos) - slave by choice of his Savior, Jesus Christ.  That transformation puts him in the position of the leader of the Christian church in Jerusalem.  Wow, what a transformation.  I desire to see that in the church.  People's lives so changed that it is just amazing where God has taken people.  Lord, continue to transform me.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...