Firstborns

     Our firstborn is coming home today with her husband and we are so happy.  It is amazing to watch other parents with their firstborns and then watch them when another came along and another.  We were the same way.  That first one is no more special than the rest but they have a place only they can fill.  Maybe we spend so much time and attention with them because they will need it in the future.


     Our firstborn is quite the girl.  It is funny how I go back to pigtails and soccer games and "Daddy, look at this!" when I think of her even though she is so beyond that.  I describe her as paving the way for the others by being a blessing and glorifying her God.  We always say that we want better for our children than we have had and my wife and I try to make sure that doesn't just mean physically but also spiritually.


     We can't make those spiritual decisions for our children but we sure can set the atmosphere in the home and with our practices within the church community.  With the explosion of the social network through the internet and even this mode itself, I think it is so important to have that truly human, face to face contact that can happen in a healthy church family environment.  


     Well, I don't know if I will get to dive into James today but I am going to try to get some thoughts down on chapter 1.  Now it is time to thank my firstborn in person for who she is and hear that voice that still stops me in my tracks.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...