A new year cometh!!!

     I remember as a kid bringing in the new year by firing off the shotguns.  So this day I spent with my son-in-law and son firing off some of our guns.  Needless to say, I now remember why I don't shoot the 8mm too much.  If I don't shake your hand or give you a hug on Sunday, don't hold it against me, I just can't move my right arm very well right now and I am sure it will be even worse in the morning.  We sure did go through some gun powder today.


     Pure and uncontrolled laughter is such a good thing.  I don't think I allow myself to do this enough.  Even though I know that happiness is not the same as joy,(happiness is more the moment and joy is a state), happiness is found in joyful people.  It is a by-produce of joyful people like smiles and uplifted voices.  So how much I find myself laughing and happy could be an indicator of how joyful I really am.  I do need to laugh more.


     I am not big on new year resolutions because I feel the Bible already has listed enough things that make our lives fulfilled.  I don't need to make any new ones or specialized ones for me because God has laid out the best ones in His Word.  I think that is why I am excited about the book of James.  God has already given us what we need to know and do, we just need to be reminded of it from time to time.


     Happy 2011 to you all.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...