My Wife

     Today was a day to do some extra cleaning at the job that my wife has.  I can't help but think about all the times that I have thought about how much I love just being with her.  It doesn't matter if we are in a room together reading or cleaning floors and toilets, I would rather be with her than by myself.  I am so fortunate to have the mate I have and therefore I will do whatever it takes to build upon what we have.


     I have been looking back over this year and at the sermons I have delivered.  Some of my highlights are these:  the men's retreat and the illustration of the crack in the wall; the marriage series and the point or vow to always pursue my two; the series on giving, especially looking at our own personal finances and realizing they are not ours; and then the latest series on Christmas and asking the question if God's word is enough.  And to think that was just the fall.  I don't think people realize how much I am feeding myself when I stand up there every Sunday.


     My Bible intros James as the "Proverbs of the New Testament," the book that practically and faithfully reminds Christians how to live.  This should be a great way to start off 2011.  I just wonder why we have to be reminded so much.  Maybe James was thinking that too.  One writer described this book as a bunch of post-it notes stuck together from a frustrated church leader.  I won't be so frustrated because I know I will be talking to myself through this series.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...