Some Monday reflections from our first weekend in Maine...photos too


Stephanie and I walked Jasper Beach and I found this rock in the shape of Maine.  It now sits in my office across from my desk so I can pray for the state that I am in.  The beauty of this state is amazing and I want to make sure that we experience some of it while we are here.  



It was a beautiful afternoon to walk this rocky beach.  Younger ones were in the very cold waters while probably wiser ones where getting some of the sun's warm rays on this clear Maine day.



On Saturday I also had the opportunity to hike the rocky coast of Maine with 9 other men of the church.  The drive for Christian men to gather together to grow and therefore live as godly men is alive here and ready to take steps to be more organized and mobilized to reach out.  My walk along the path, single file, with these men allowed me time to listen to them share about what is going on in their lives.  I see a men's retreat coming up in the future.  (p.s. - I also got to see how a drone works!)





I also had the opportunity to join in worship with the Marshfield Congregational Church which is pastored by one of the former elders and present adult Sunday School teacher at Machias.  I was taken to see another group of believers gathering in a very simple structure to share the Lord's Supper, sing songs of our God, and hear the words of God.  It was definitely a step back in time with the announcements of the hymns by the numbers on the front wall of the church via the wooden plague pictured below if you have never seen one, but it showed me how important the preservation of the gospel is.  I grew up in churches that looked very much like the one I was in at 8 a.m. in the morning.



My weekend was full of steps forward in serving the church and community of Machias, Maine.  Thanks for "reading in" to our lives and being supportive of what God is leading us through.

Adam & Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...