Sunday radio broadcast on WLPO...Church government


I am delivering a sermon this morning that will probably be about 40 minutes long.  How do I know?  Because I have poured over this message many times and I was really curious how long I was passionately talking about the topic of church leadership.  It is a sermon timely needed for our congregation but it is also a sermon that I needed to prepare for personally so I can carry it wherever I go.  

The Bible gives us so much material on this topic.  Why have we strayed from what is written and created structures that look like the world rather than the family of God?  This is definitely the most intense look I have given to church leadership primarily because I came from a denomination that had it all figured out for you.  Being a part of an independent church has helped me to look deep into the Scriptures and formulate from them why we do what we do.

One line from my sermon is,


"Our continuing effort to understand 
and implement Biblical standards."

I guess my Monday Reflections might be about Sunday's sermon so this was a wetting of your whistle.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...