Bible reading of the day week 20, day 4 and feeling caught up...

A good Thursday to you and feeling caught up from the vacation.  It is great to be back on track with the weekend coming.  There are always things on the list to accomplish that are coming up but I love it when I can sit down and whittle away at them with a little breathing room.

Another part of my life that is developing is getting together with other minister's in the area.  When I came to Oglesby, it was a burning desire to gather with other pastors but nothing was happening here.  I ended up going to another town 20 miles away to find a group that would fill this need.  I didn't give up on this area though.  One interested pastor approached me and then another and after 3 years of effort, we have a list of 12 who gather monthly for coffee and conversation.  I moderate this group and keep up with email reminders but the discussion around the table is what keeps them coming.  It is amazing to see a "new" guy come in and watch the reaction of realizing this is something he needs.  

Thank you God for this desire and drive to see Your kingdom larger than the four walls of my present church and the body of Christ represented here.  Thank you for exposure to other pastors who are shepherding Your folk and wanting, praying, and striving to see kingdom growth.  They are throwing Your seed.

That's the prayer of my heart today.  --Adam--

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...