A day of remembrance...

     A pause for those lives lost on this day 13 years ago and those lost in the aftermath or effects of it and also the families who suffered loss...

    
     It was below 40 degrees this morning again so I have started up one of the wood stoves to take the chill out of the house.  It sure has been the summer that was not a summer for northern Michigan.  We try to make it to October before turning on the heat but sometimes it is not possible.  It becomes another thing to do when the wood stove is going.

     This is one of those weeks that I am behind on my own internal clock to church duties.  The sermon is still in its infant stages but the bones are there to work on.  Peter is still working on the "p.s." of his letter.  He goes from speaking to the leadership of the church to speaking the members of the church about some last minute things to keep doing.  Submit to God and others.  Be humble to others and to God.  Trust God.  Exercise self-control.  Have vigilant defense against the devil with a firm faith.  Hope in God who will complete all and you.  Worship Him.

     I feel a kinship with Peter as I am closing out a letter I have been writing to the church in Gaylord since August of 1996.  I am in the "p.s." of that letter and saying some last thoughts.  "Lord, help me be faithful to communicate Your word," has been my prayer.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...