The tale of the numbers...or by the numbers...

     Back in December of 2010 I was having symptoms that needed to be checked out.  In January I would find out that I had cancer.  So I was in the family doctor's office for my annual checkup and to discuss my symptoms and possible tests to determine what was wrong.  At that time I had my normal blood work done.

     Fast forward ahead to this month in 2013.  I have just had my first annual checkup by my family doctor since that time.  I was handed over to the surgeon and oncologist for my care and so blood was taken very regularly but not the work up for cholesterol and the like.  So here is my first comparison since that time.

     Before I share the numbers, I want to say that the only thing that I have done differently is my change in diet to a more plant-based, no processed food regiment with juicing and vita-mixing as part of my daily intake.  I am pretty active but I have not been in the gym or on a regular exercise schedule.  I am not saying that not having a regular exercise program is good but just want to state what I was actually doing during this time.  So here we go....

                                            December 2010                      May 2013
Cholesterol                          211                                         149
Triglycerides                       122                                           89
LDL (bad)                           137                                           89

     It works.  What I have been reading and watching and practicing with a whole food way of life has made a tremendous difference.  I have gone the other route of killing myself in the gym and restricting my calories and have gained every pound back and more.  This time, I don't count calories and I am more concerned about not what I am eating but what is in what I am eating.  I try to not let any man made material enter my body.  I have stayed the same weight (actually I am down 4 more pounds) for this time frame with no fluctuations like in the past.  I am able to work all day and get up the next with no problems.

     I want to thank God for helping me to understand this process and for my wife and some good friends for walking with me to make the changes that have changed my life for the better and not just for the sake of cancer.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...