Downline Discipleship....

     It has seemed lately that I have only had time to post things here that are from other sites.  So I will endeavor to write something of my own today.

     We married off another child a couple of weeks ago.  That leaves one unattended but that is totally okay for now.  How important it is to have God guide this process that is for a life time.  Our garden is slowly getting planted with 2 of the 3 completed.  Saturday marks the first time back to the market to sell bread.  I am working on a new stand for the season.  The week with our children home was a great boost to Stephanie and I and the ability to have them in church on Sunday was very encouraging to me.  I need to get into wood cutting mode so I will be ready for the next winter. (can't believe I just typed that!)

     The title of the blog post is a series that we have been going through in Sunday School at the church.  It has been eye opening and life challenging.  Stephanie and I have been building into the lives of people for 27 officially with the churches we have served but God has brought along people that we have spent more time with to disciple along the way.  These are ones that we spoke about the Gospel of God with extensively and also spent more time shoulder to shoulder.  We have been in Gaylord longer than anywhere else and therefore we are about to see a second generation of discipleship happen.  I need to be asking God for another person to disciple as I challenge the one I have been in discipleship with to do the same.  It doesn't mean that I stop this process of discipleship with the first but it means that we need to see how God intends for the gospel to not only spread but go deep into people's lives.

     One illustration from the series that struck me was this.  A man preaching and seeing 1000 saved a day - it would take 15000 years for the whole planet to be saved.  A man in discipleship with another for a year and then each of them in discipleship with another for a year and then all of them in discipleship with another for a year and so on - it would take only 37 years for the whole planet to be saved.  But here is the part that struck me.  Think about the spiritual depth of the 1000 saved a day.  It would be pretty shallow at best.  Think about the spiritual depth of those in the process of discipleship for a year.  No comparison.

     We are still going through the book of Matthew.  We will finish chapter 20 this Sunday with the healing of the blind men.  Senior Sunday.  Communion Sunday.  Time to come to the table and ask God to touch us anew with fire to see Him more clearly.  "I just want to be able to see You."

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...