The sap is running...


I got the operation going again.  I need to thank our youngest son who wanted to do this a few years ago and he is gone but I keep going.  I did this with my father for many years and spent many spring breaks home from college boiling it down.  Now I make enough for us and all the kids and it reminds them of home.  We received an old cooper deep pan from a great aunt this year and it is very similar to the ones my father used so it is a new addition to the production.  The snow is so deep that I am wearing snowshoes to collect the sap and I will have 26 taps in this year.  

This Sunday takes us into Matthew 18.  It is a chapter that has many one liners in it and that is many times how it is handled, out of context to the whole chapter.  Although I am not going to be able to cover the whole chapter in one sermon, I am going to set out an outline that will show how we need to keep the thought that Jesus is giving together from the beginning to the end.  It is another full sermon that I think we have overlooked in light of the big ones like the Sermon on the Mount in chapters 5-7.  Jesus introduces a new word picture with the child in the midst of them and also uses the word "truly" many times.  So it will be a great adventure.

Tomorrow only deals with an introduction and 4 verses.  I am getting much more comfortable with this.  It is all about entering into the kingdom of heaven and to be able to enter you "must" turn and become like children.  He says that word "truly" which means a firm truth is coming next.  The word "turn" means to turn your back upon or convert and the disciples had just been arguing about who was going to be the greatest (a pride issue).  Jesus also using the word "never" which is an absolute negative so this is a very exclusive statement.  It will be a time to go back and see all the statements Jesus' has said about entering the kingdom of heaven - the sphere of God's rule.

I have been spending some of my spare time this week looking for a replacement car for our third child and also looking into Bible colleges for our last.  The more I look into these Bible colleges and what they offer I think "Why did I not do this?"  I think I would have been more ahead and more prepared in the pulpit.  I truly (oh, there I go) believe that I am in Bible college now with the opportunity I have to study the Scripture more fully than ever before.

Have a great Saturday - Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

God gave us a good weather window to travel...yeah God!!!

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon