The turns of life...

     "A year ago..."  I don't know how many times I make that reference to how I am doing today. I know I feel better and healthier than ever but it amazes me at how many others come up to me and say things about my health that I don't know how to respond.  So I go into my recovery and talk about what I have learned over this whole process.


www.StandUpForReligiousFreedom.com


     Here is a link to a rally I was a part of today in town.  I had been hearing bits and pieces about the HHS Mandate but nothing really caught my attention until someone shared a view with me through a blog and then I turned around and shared it here.  Issues or values?  I have never been to a rally as such but it was interesting to see the ground swell of local people saying "no" to something the government is imposing and saying "yes" to God because of what is in the Word of God.  I feel we are a lot like Daniel who had his country taken away, his religious symbols taken away, his religious customs taken away, and even his name taken away but when it came to doing something that would be against what God said to do, he drew the line and said "no" to the establishment and "yes" to God.  I believe we are getting to a place in our country that we will have to draw a few more lines and for the Christian maybe we should thank those who are pushing this because it makes our answer a very easy one.  If it comes down to obeying man over obeying God, then I will go with Peter and John before the Sanhedrim and say God every time.


     This Sunday marks the end of the passage on the Lord's Prayer.  We will get back to why Jesus went this route.  He was bringing up how the people were actually acting, namely the religious ones.  He says, "Don't be like them."  Jesus then starts to give us how we should give and pray and fast.  


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...