A great December Saturday...

     The house is warmed up with wood from our woods.  I burned through all the eco-bricks but it took 2 months to do it.  Moved my wood working tools to the empty bay in the garage to work on some little projects.  Stephanie is painting one of the upstairs bedrooms to freshen it up for Christmas.  A trip to town to finish up the bulletin and do a run-through of the sermon from the pulpit.  A trip to the grocery store with the bonus of some sale items picked up for future entertaining.  A stop before coming back home to a good friend who I hadn't seen since I was in bad shape taking chemo and radiation and before the surgery.  A stop to let them see that Adam is doing okay.  Now I get to settle in to work from the computer and watch a little PGA golf.


     We will be increasing our possible new year resolution list from Malachi this Sunday.
1.  Acknowledge the love of God in my life.
2.  Cherish the name of God every time it is said.
3.  Bring my best to God in word and deed.
4.  Hold up the Word of God in reading and practicing.
5.  Honor my marriage every day as joined by God.
6.  Live life with the anticipation of Christ's return.
7.  Give God's defined way with the resources given to me by Him.


     Some may think I have went from the frying pan and into the fire preaching about divorce, marriage and remarriage to this Sunday preaching about tithing and contributions.  Last Sunday I had more comments and feedback about the message than I have in a while.  Even though the Word brings us challenging commands to follow, it is amazing that it can also give us comfort at the same time.  God is helping us through this book of Malachi before a couple sermons on Christmas and the new year.


     Provision and contentment come from God to His children who are giving His way.  I pray the communication of God's Word tomorrow can show how we are actually at a disadvantage if we don't give His way.


Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...