Sunday reflections...sermon post...blooming flowers


The lupines are blooming again.  I said "again" because it signifies a year when I set foot in Maine and specifically the beautiful little town of Machias.  It was a full weekend and the members and elders of Machias Valley Baptist Church were evaluating if they wanted this "green" interim pastor to serve them through this transition.  I am so glad that they said "yes!"

I have learned so much in this year not just about this church and community or even the ministry of being an interim pastor but also about myself.  I have asked myself many times, "Was this the right decision?"  I am thankful to say that as many times as I asked that question, I also received some confirmation from God to keep going forward.  

So when I return from vacation, year 2 will begin.  I don't think we will be here another year because the ministry opportunity of this church to this community is obvious to anyone seriously considering MVBC as a ministry assignment from God.  The right person will not only see the beauty of Maine but God will help him to see the gospel work to be done through this church body that God has put together.  My temporal assignment is to keep us inching forward spiritually while God lines up His man.  

A year ago I preached Luke 16:1-13 and this Sunday I preached Luke 23:7-12.  I guess I'm making some progress through this wonderful book.  

Adam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...