Sunday reflections...some more in the pews...sermon post...back in my office


A little more normal this Sunday.  I fear the fear will take awhile to dissipate like the virus itself.  A great team here last night assembled talked through the safety procedures for gathering and it was a pleasure to be in the room with them.


I have moved back up to my office and it's piles!  It is a great office and I'm thankful for the space to study God's word and plan for the ministries of the week.  I pray for the next man who will occupy this space.


This brings back a lot of memories.  Wood feels so good in my hands.  I was back to the days when I watched my dad use the chainsaw and I hauled the cut wood to the trailer.  My saw is in Florida so I gladly let these men whittle away at this pile that will go to families in need this winter.


I can't seem to stop taking pictures of the Machias Falls (that's my name for them).  It is great to walk uptown during my morning hours and hear the roar of the water.  If you ever travel through Machias, Maine, stop at the park and view all of them.

Lastly, is the post of this Sunday's installment of our study of Luke.  We looked at Judas and Peter.  The betrayer and the denier.  A question that came to my mind while preaching was, "How do you kiss Jesus?"  Remember that Jesus elevates the one who kissed His feet at a meal but He questioned the one who kissed His face in the garden.  And the denials could be looked at this way, "Have you ever taken a step back from Jesus, His church, or His gospel?"  May we have an opportunity this week to step toward those three rather than back from them.  

Adam


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...