Friday ramblings...who God brings into your path


I love foot paths.  Seeing where the dirt trail takes me becomes an obsession to keep going on over the next hill and around the far distant corner.  Sometimes something comes across your hike like a fawn I saw the other morning or a bush overladen with ripe wild blueberries calling to be picked and eaten.  

Life is like a foot path and I am always amazed who God brings across my life hike.  This weekend is one of those cross passing events.  Who would have known that I would get to meet a nationally known speaker named Nancy Guthrie?  Who would have known that I would get to meet the chair of the New Testament Studies of Westminster Theological Seminary named G.K. Beale and also the author of one of my required books for my upcoming online class?  

The scary and humbling fact is that they will be listening to me preach this Sunday morning.  Put on top of that, my good friend, Jim who is also a DTS grad with a focus on the Old Testament will be among the congregation with his wife Karen.  Nothing like a little self inflicted pressure but that is the beauty of preaching the Scriptures chapter by chapter and verse by verse.  There is no question what I will be covering or how I will handle the passage and this is an opportunity to say "thanks" to them and the many that I typically learn from, from afar but this weekend they have crossed my path.

Let me throw out to any ladies in the Machias, Maine area an invitation to join others to hear Nancy tonight, Friday the 9th, and tomorrow morning, Satruday the 10th at the Machias Valley Baptist Church.  Follow this link to gather more information.  www.machiasvalley.org

I mentioned some "notables" today who are crossing my path but I am so thankful for those God has brought in front of me and sometimes to walk with me who you wouldn't find on a Google search.  Those "know not ables" have been as instrumental or more to me in my spiritual growth than the "notables."  

Adam

P.S.  A big plus is that I get to hug them and be hugged by them on a more regular basis.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...