Birthday Blog...Legal in Betmar today!!!


Visiting the local Dunkin in Machias, Maine on my birthday today and this is a busy place around 6 a.m.  The ride on the bike was kind to me because it is mostly downhill from the house into town.  So you know what that means when I head back.  Double digits Adam will have to make sure he has some legs by the end of the day to make the climb.

Speaking of our home base in Betmar Acres, (in the title) I am legal on this day.  It will be odd when we see the place again but I hear that the kumquat tree is blooming again and the lemons are ripening.

We moved into the house that we will call home for the next 11 or so months.  The church has provided a very nice 3 bedroom home with a view that will increase in value as the trees start to turn colors.  There are wild blueberries right up the lane so we are all set.  Here are a few pictures of the place.




Buddy is getting to experience 3 floors, more space, and a yard to explore.  We are so thankful for the Lord's provision and for our prayer and support team who are standing with us with this mission to local churches in transition.

My weeks have been filled with many conversations inside and outside of the congregation.  I am very thankful to meet up with a couple very "like minded" pastors who I hope to have regular contact with.  I have spoken to my coach for this assignment.  He is all the way on the other coast of this great country.  Each conversation is not only helping me to know more of this body of Christ but also to love more those who are in front of me on a regular basis.  Step 1 of the process, in my estimation, is going well.

Back to work and the bike for the rest of my trip into town but I will attached last Sunday's sermon.  We are continuing through the gospel of Luke and we handled the passage about Jesus healing the 10 lepers.  The wonderful thing is that one of them came back to fall at the feet of Jesus to worship Him as God.  It was a great passage to ask the question, "Are you one of the '1's' who have taken your place at the feet of Jesus?"  This Sunday we are onto a "kingdom of God" passage and some descriptions of the "Day of the Lord."  Pray for me as I take my first dip into this subject matter as it will come up again in a few chapters.

Happy birthday to me and also to you whenever that day comes.

Adam





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...