The Whiteness Has Come...

 I thought it fitting to post the changing of the seasons in Northern Michigan.  Our scene has changed dramatically.  It will melt but it brings into reality what is coming and around here once it sticks, it is around for a long time...
 This is the back yard...I don't know how many pictures I have from this angle...out the back door with my front side freezing and my backside warm.
 This is a sad day because we see the start of the end of a great growing season.  Steph and I did a heavy picking of the greens yesterday evening.  Some of this will survive.
 Some call the snow pretty...we do to...but this early...it is hard to say those words yet.
 The birds will probably wait awhile today...we don't have a heated bird bath, if there is such a thing.
 We did dig up a few kale from the garden to see if we could keep them going inside in the cool space above the garage.  They are probably talking amongst themselves, "Whew, that was close.  So glad we were the chosen ones!!!"
 Elevated view from the room above the garage...a lot of leaves still on the trees.
 WE got another shipment of apples...this time spys...from Steph's parents.  Two 6 foot tables and a cooler...apples as far as the eye can see.  It is amazing that we eat all of these in time.
 Elevated view of the front yard from the room above the garage.
Sure glad this is working so well.  I can put a pretty big piece of wood in this and it keeps through the night.  Now if I could only teach Steph how to feed the fire so I could sleep in longer in the mornings...hahahaha...she is not laughing.

Sunday mornings I am in the book of Matthew, chapter 24, the Olivet Discourse with Jesus and His disciples in the garden.  I am so thankful for this time with the congregation to go through this study of the end of days.  Jesus is teaching us what to teach and hold to even though we may not be in the end of days but to prepare the next generation while living our lives as an example to them.  Jesus spoke this so that we could understand and it is my goal for us to make it through these 2 chapters with a congregational knowledge to talk and teach this passage.

Sunday evenings I am in the book of Romans.  This is so enlightening to me.  I am so thankful to have a group of believers to talk through the thoughts and arguments that Paul is dealing with.  I see God's part and I see our part and I see the parts that we are just to accept because they are God's responsibility and not ours and even though I may not fully understand it, I am still to proclaim the love of God and the gospel message to all.

Well, now to find where I put that snow shovel...just in case...

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...