Matthew 19 starts tomorrow...

     I didn't realize I would get so giddy about a new chapter in the book of Matthew each time it comes up.  Matthew 19 throws us into 2 questions given to Jesus to answer.  One is about marriage and one is about eternal life.  Both are huge questions that have gotten messed up with us tampering with what God has said.  It goes back to the garden of Eden and the call of Satan, the serpent, to Eve "Did God really say..."  Let's question what God has said or better yet, let's not even reference Him anymore.  I think we are in the midst of it today with many wanting to make major changes in our world based on public opinion rather than what God has said.  What is really scary is that many in the church are not going to the Word for the answer.

     This month will also be a great time for our church as one of our members takes to the pulpit to bring the message.  A man who I have watched go from sitting in the back row and dragged in my his wife to a front row follower of Christ searching out what God wants him to do with the rest of his life.  It has been a pleasure to work through what I do on a regular basis with him on how to tackle a passage of scripture.  As much as I wish I would have had this training when I started out, I am so thankful that God has directed me to resources and speakers who have helped me over the years to handle God's Word more accurately. 

     The snow is still here in the northern Michigan.  The taps have been pulled from the trees with about 5 gallons of syrup in the pantry.  I am onto thinking about wood cutting for the next winter.  With this one hanging on I will have to put a good lot to replenish what we have gone through.  So between that and the garden and the market - it will be a busy summer for Stephanie and I. 

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...