A note about Edith Schaeffer that is really cool...

     Back in my college days, one of the events I remember well is when Francis Schaeffer came to Spring Arbor University.  He was very sick at the time but we got to hear one session with him.  I was 2nd row from the front in a packed sanctuary.  His son Frank and his wife Edith spoke in the other sessions.  He came in a motor home equipped with medical equipment to keep him going.

     Francis died a few years back and just recently his wife Edith passed away so some blogs are posting facts about the lady behind the man that stood so tall for the truth of Christianity.  Here is a really neat story about Edith and Francis.

3. On June 26th, 1932, Edith attended a meeting in her liberal Presbyterian church where a Unitarian minister delivered an address on "How I know that Jesus is Not the Son of God, and How I Know that the Bible is not the Word of God." She was prepared to offer a rebuttal when a young man stood up and said, "My name is Francis Schaeffer and I want to say that I know Jesus is the Son of God, and He is also my Savior." After Francis delivered his testimony, Edith added a brief apologetic for the truth of the Bible. The two began dating that night and married three years later.

     A match made in heaven and brought together to serve a great God on this earth and now reunited again.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...