My view from the pew...installation video

 


I call this post, "My View From The Pew" because that's where I was before climbing into the packed car in the parking lot of the church and heading south.  Roughly 30 hours later I was pulling into the driveway of our "home base" 1968 Fieldcrest single-wide in Betmar.  I hope I was discrete enough with my phone not to distract Pastor Zach from the preaching of God's word.  Below you can view the service that included my start and his finish of the service but it was really my finish and his start of ministry to MVBC.

Some might look at the picture and say, "mission accomplished" but I would not want that attributed to me solely.  It was the church and its leadership who finished out the process to see God bring together this union.  There are many churches who bail out before completing the steps.  Some seek what seems to be easier and quicker solutions rather than working hard at what many other churches have proven to be a process that allows the time for lasting solutions.  Machias Valley Baptist Church stayed the course and it resulted in a great Sunday and also the framework for future ministry which will be Gospel centered and Great Commission driven.

As I wait for my next assignment, I will be busy with projects left from my last visit, my systematic theology II class, and walking the streets of Betmar.  There will be some things I can let my mind rest from and I hope to pick up some things to think about that I haven't had time for.  I will be putting out a January prayer letter soon and I am so thankful that I have about 20 more people to send it to.  God has provided for us in so many ways and one is my health.  This year marks 10 years from discovery and surgery of colorectal cancer.  Florida helps me to keep on track with taking care of what God has given me.

Lastly, I did need to rethink about the "handing off of the baton" to Pastor Zach.  Sometimes illustrations need to be looked at again and refined to reflect a more accurate picture.  I wasn't handing this baton to Pastor Zach portraying I was done and he was taking over.  The handing of the baton was really from the elders and the members of the church conveying that Pastor Zach was now part of the team at MVBC.  Adding to the team was crucial and who they added was a huge matter of prayer and discernment.  This Sunday made it official in a formal way that Pastor Zach was "one of them," a ministry team member wearing the team colors of MVBC.  I am just so thankful that I got to carry the baton of MVBC for awhile.  

Be looking for who you can bring on your team of life.  You share the baton with them as you train together and complete races with a common goal.  Who will God bring in my path next to add to my gospel team?  Maybe someone from Betmar!

Adam





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...