One of "those" Sundays...but prepared with a back up plan


So the New England wet winter got us this Sunday.  Hovering right at the freezing mark put the potential for hazardous driving.  I am not usually this far ahead to do this kind of thing but I was able to record the Sunday night study of Ezra chapter 7 at my desk on Saturday morning just in case.  I am so thankful for all the preachers and teachers who have come before to help us to understand this Old Testament time.

We are back from our vacation trip to see family in Illinois but also back to my masters class starting tomorrow.  It is focused on the Gospels and Acts so this should be very familiar territory to me.  I have preached through Matthew, Mark and Acts, I am doing the Wednesday in the Word through John and I have preached through 18 chapters of Luke.  I am looking forward to deeper insights given by our professor.

I also have the opportunity to do a "double" next Sunday.  I will be preaching the same sermon in two different places at two different times and probably about a 30 minute drive apart.  I have never done this back to back so I am curious on how it will go.  Will there be adjustments from one run through of the material to the next?  I am thankful for this opportunity because in the future I might be called on to do this on a regular basis in a single church setting.  

So back home for a Sunday of rest for me, truly, which usually comes on another day of the week for the preacher.  

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...