Confirmation on a larger scale...

     Every once in a while you are in a situation that lets you know that God has wired you for this.  Our searching for where God wants us next put us in front of a pastoral search team and leadership of a church for a day of getting to know one another.  As I was gazing around at the facilities and thinking of possibilities it all came down to the conversations with individuals and really that group time together that made an impact on me.  

     I started to look around the group and was recalling names because in that setting each person is important.  Wanting to see growth in people's lives and the life of the church came to the top of my meter rather than any decision that might come down the road.  If I could just make a difference right now and communicate something of worth with Jesus as my example that was enough.  Inside of me God was confirming and reassuring that what I do, wherever He has me or will have me, is to help people and congregations see Biblical transition continue to happen.

     I came home the next night to be in front of our leadership team and sensing that same desire to continue to see forward progress for the kingdom of God even if I might not be in this place in the near future.  It didn't matter.  What mattered was what was happening right now and the people that were in front of me.  People who I have been with a long time and another group that I had only been with for a day.  God was confirming within me that I need to continue to use these gifts that His Holy Spirit has given for the glory of Him.

    So today I thank the Lord for a confirmation that is beyond my present situation and I am humbled that He would use me for anything for the kingdom's sake.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...