Matthew completed....

     I started on Sunday, January 8th, 2012 and complete the book of Matthew on Sunday, March 16th, 2014.  I had thought about that day and that sermon a lot because I knew it was ending or coming to the climax with the Great Commission.  We could not just read that passage without putting into place a plan to act upon it.  I really like the idea that we had graduated with Jesus and we were being commissioned by Him on that morning.  Jesus is with us and will help us to start handing out those cards about our Resurrection Sunday (Easter) service in a few weeks.

     So...where do I go from here?  I thought maybe God was waiting for me to complete this book and then open the door where He wants Stephanie and I to go but that hasn't happened yet.  It is so hard waiting and searching and trying hard not to plan but still doing some planning just in case.  I know the weeks leading up to Easter will be filled with sermons on transformed lives in the Bible and God's plan to use the church to be His voice and hands to reach out to those He is calling.  We will be definitely looking at John 21 and the restoration of Peter.

     The sun has returned to Northern Michigan and it looks like the weather might be turning too.  It feels it little bit more like March and the daylight lengthening has given hope of the spring.  I have some repairs around the house that need tending to as the days get warmer and the wood pile has been depleted.  The first time since we have been at this home, 13 years.  I guess that lets you know how long and hard this winter has been.

     I pray God's blessing on your week and mine.  He has been good to me.  I am so thankful for the health that I have and the instruction from Him and others about staying true to what I can do to maintain it.  I pray that this day will lead me and you into an adventure that only God could dream up.  I know I have a friend who is on one right now in Haiti that warms my heart from where he was before.  God spoke and he listened and the rest is history for God's glory.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...