A long day in the snow...

     There is an abundance of it this year.  I spent the morning and part of the afternoon snow blowing my driveway and then my neighbor's and then pulling snow off his roof and shed roof and then moving that snow and then home to shovel off my roof and moving that snow.  You can just about walk off the roof and unto the piles of snow.  It is getting hard to see out the windows here.  Then it was onto stocking up the wood pile in the garage from the pole barn and cleaning out one of the wood stoves.  They are getting a work out this year.  I am thinking that I will probably run out of wood before the winter is over.  I was hoping to snowshoe today but after all that, I can barely lift my arms and legs.  

     I received an email about our community Good Friday service this week, April is coming, don't you know!!!  I have been asked to speak.  I think it was about 16 years ago that I did this before.  I wondered if it was because of my departure in the future but either way, I accepted the opportunity to speak to the Christian community here in Gaylord.  It lands on a non Spring Break week so it should be a good attendance.  (Don't get me started on Spring Break landing on "the" day of the Christian church year after year.)

     The great thing about this is that I think that Sunday's sermon is the one I will be preaching at that Good Friday service.  I will have to see as I have fleshed this out first pushing the mop and then with the leadership team at the church and then with the guys at men's coffee.  It is part of the trial scene of Jesus with the focus on His conversations with Pilate.  A man who is amazed at Jesus and tries to devise plans to free Him but in the end listens and obeys the people.  He gives token allegiance to Jesus but the others win his ultimate decision.  It is amazing to me to see the gospel everywhere in the Bible and there is another presentation of it in one of those conversations.  So Sunday will probably cement if this is what I will talk about on that day and then I will have 2 1/2 months to think it through some more.

     On the search for where God wants us to be slow going.  I am in 9 churches at this point.  Just resumes and materials to them and waiting for a response if I am being considered.  So I continue to search for open invitations and also plow forward with my responsibilities here at the church.  So thank that we are bringing in 5 new members and also seeing the church go through the transition with increased involvement in the ministries of the church.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to let God lead the way on this.

     Well of to rest my weary bones and muscles for another day.  God bless your day.

Adam 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...