It has been officially a year...

It has been officially a year that we have been juicing everyday and we have done it everyday.  1 quart to 2 quarts a day for one year.  This was just the start of going through the house and eliminating anything with soy or hidden msg, aspartame and high fructose corn syrup.  The cupboards were pretty bare but it left us with the real food.  The juicer has held up.  We went from the fine screen to the more coarse one.  When you think of thin juice, that is not what we drink.  It can sometimes hold up a spoon.  A mixture of fruits and vegetables along with some herb powders has been a part of my morning routine.  30 minutes to prepare.

What has been the result?  Well I look at the total picture, not just the juicer but also the transition to a plant based foods that has helped me to recover from chemo and radiation.  I have not added the pounds previous to this whole event for over a year and a half so I have kept the 40 pounds off.  Stephanie has lost about 20 and is looking at new clothes.  Both Stephanie and I are on no medications of any kind so the acid reflux is an issue of the past.  Our lives are very full right now and the energy level to accomplish everything is there.  Another result is a garden that we have been eating out of that has helped the grocery bill.  All of my scans have come back clear and my blood numbers are as if I never had anything go wrong with me.  I am thankful that we have been clear of colds and flu for the entire time.  A 12 mile hike last weekend in about 4 1/2 hours was a part of my day and I had plenty of energy left for another short hike and evening devotion time.

Another great result is the information that we have gained and also the support group of others who are venturing in this direction.  It would be hard to do this completely on your own but there are times that you feel that you are.  It takes some more planning and some more time in the kitchen but that is a great place to spend with those you love.

So there is a year with a look ahead to January being a year that we made the switch to go completely plant based with no animal fats or products included into what we eat.  

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...