I love a great transition...

     I have listened to Stephanie play the keyboard so many times and just marveled and continue to when she blends one song into another.  Sometimes that transition is so seamless that the congregation is shocked that we are into the next song.  It almost sounds like it was written that way from the beginning.  I know that there are times that it happens and it is amazement to Stephanie and that she could probably not reproduce it.  I call that God taking over.

     Every once in a while I get one of those while preaching.  I have had plenty of times when God took over and gave me the words and direction to go but when I have a planned event, like a funeral, and I need to get to the gospel but sometimes the door is not open to my eyes, His eyes are wide open. That happened again today.  The group gathered has no idea what is going on behind the scene and I am so thankful that I can praise the Lord while preaching because He is giving me just the right notes to get from one song to another.

     My jumping off point today was the story of the Good Samaritan.  God got me past the obvious to be like the Samaritan and not the priest or Levi to the place that we are the beaten up guy along the road and we need "The" Samaritan to come rescue us and pay the price and come again.  All this under the question from the lawyer, "What must I do to inherit eternal life?"  Then Jesus tells frantic Martha, "one thing is necessary" and speaks of Mary's choice to come to Jesus.  I am praying for that group to have an afternoon of rethinking that story and how it applies to their lives.

     Another Friday cleaning the factory by myself while Stephanie bakes bread for the market.  God sure has provided for us and I am so thankful that it involves us working to see it happen.  It is good for us.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...