God gave us a good weather window to travel...yeah God!!!

 

Berthoud Pass

Here we are at the top of Berthoud Pass.  It was a whirlwind week to conduct a "hand off" service in Wisconsin on 3/17 and then preach a Palm Sunday sermon in Colorado on 3/24.  We give God all the glory for this happening.  So there are two video links at the bottom of this blog.  One is for the Wisconsin service and the other is for the Colorado service.  I racked up over 12,000 in the last 7 weeks.  


I love to take these pictures sitting from the front row of chairs and listening to the one God has provided for the church I had been serving for 20 months.  I now have 3 and I am so thankful for the opportunity God gave us to serve Him in this type of ministry over the last 5 years.  It has been great to add to our daily prayer list Zach in Maine, Chris in Ohio and now Stephen in Wisconsin.


This was our set up for the 2000+ mile trip.  No "hiccups" except for the strong eastern winds in Kansas.  Of course everything was quite a bit dirtier when we arrived.  We were so thankful that Stephanie didn't have to drive separately and we could enjoy the trip together along with Buddy our dog.  

My part of the service in Wisconsin was to commission to new teaching pastor.  2 Timothy 3.16-4.6 was the text I used.  It is a text that I am speaking back to myself as I am charging another with the calling of a pastor.  My points were:
  1. We elevate God's words.  3.16
  2. God's words equip the man of God.  3.17
  3. We acknowledge the true audience.  4.1
  4. Our what is to preach the word; our when is in and out of season; our how is to mirror what God's word does in v.16; and our why is because they will not endure sound teaching.  4.2-4
  5. How we are to be is very important.  4.5
  6. God provides shepherds for His flock.  4.6
It was great to collaborate with the district superintendent and it is sweet to have the new teaching pastor end the service.  The "hand off" is complete. 


I enter now a new phase of ministry at the Stillwater Community Chapel.  I went from my assessment of a packed house of maybe 300 in Wisconsin to a small group of 25 with 10 being children in Colorado.  The shift in delivery and style couldn't have been more drastic.  Stephanie plays the piano and I lead the songs for now and we are starting to walk through the Gospel of Matthew.  We jumped ahead to the Palm Sunday passage and will do the same for the Resurrection Sunday passage this week but then we will venture back to Matthew 1.1 and track it all the way through.

Trying to be more interactive, I pulled out the white board but I also asked questions looking for answers from those in attendance.  At about mark 30:30 I asked a question about what the children were doing and a grade school boy answered the question so perfectly(turn up your speakers to hear).  God made the point as it was in His scriptures that the young are to cheer him and give perfected praise.  It was the highlight of the morning.  It was probably the most convicting too.  Our children watch our actions and are mimicking them.  

I know many were praying for us on this transition.  Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.  I are excited to see what God is going to do amongst the mountains of Grand County.

Adam



Comments

  1. Hoping to be able to follow your teachings from the Book of Matthew. -Francine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...