A recap of James 1 and speaking on Communion...sermon post

 


The picture above was taken in the town square in Medina, Ohio on Memorial Day 2021.  What a picture perfect day to sit on a bench taking in the warm sunshine in this beautiful park and having some dairy free ice cream with my beautiful wife of 36 years.  It was a great place to reminisce of the journey God has taken us on together.  Later we headed to the trails along Medina Lake to walk off that ice cream!

It was a special Sunday at Weymouth Community Church for me because:

1) I was able to interact with the children of WCC and share the plane to rocket to cross illustration that I watched my good friend Jeff do with the children of Machias Valley Baptist Church.  It made me think of the times Libby, one of our grandchildren, would come and sit by grandpa up front at Oglesby Union Church for children's message and also of when our children would do the same so many years ago in at the Alpena Free Methodist Church.  I guess I am getting old.  

2) I was able to talk about communion, the Lord's Supper, with the congregation of WCC.  It was an opportunity to connect what Jesus was saying to the disciples in the upper room to what we were about to do as the family of God and disciples of Christ.  

3) I got to speak to a young lady who just recently responded in faith to Jesus as her Savior.  She went from being resistant of Him to responding in repentance and belief in Him and being restored to Him.  I could see that she was soaking in every word of His throughout the service.  I wondered if this was her first time taking communion because she is from a Jewish home.

4) I was able to lay out a summary of James 1 to lead into James 2 next Sunday.  I am so thankful for many teachers of Scripture that I have come across who have helped me to communicate God's Word to His people.  On the top of my list is Pastor John MacArthur.  Pastor John gives very detailed messages, much more than myself, but he has helped me to see the flow of a passage; how it extends the message of the book; and its significance to the whole of the Bible.  

The sermon post is a static picture with the audio attached.  At the very end it breaks up a little bit.  I guess this is my disclaimer.  I hope this talk of communion helps you to come to the table the next time with the mindset to proclaim the cross of Christ and to proclaim the coming of Christ.

Adam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...