The End...of another book of the Bible

 


I feel so privileged to be able to teach the Bible and on Sunday mornings to have completed 3 of the Gospels, Matthew, Mark and Luke.  What is posted below is the 110th sermon from the Gospel of Luke and it is a came about a little more than 3 years when I started.  I am going into the Acts of the Apostles for my time left in Machias but John will definitely be in my sights to complete the quartet.

 My life has been turned upside down lately but not in a catastrophic way.  More responsibility requires more discipline to accomplish what is ahead of me but it also means dialing back on somethings I was doing for the sake of my sanity.  I thought I would never give up the radio ministry but it was time to let it go so I could pick up time for my online class.  I'm sure when I am done with my classes, hopefully by the fall of next year, I will be looking for something creative to do with the hole the class leaves.  It is just the transitions that are hard for me and getting past the guilt feeling of easing up on something I have poured a lot of energy into.

In December this blog site will be 10 years old.  10 years of sharing my heart, pictures, life experiences, sermons, and thoughts with the cyber world totaling 1,812 posts and 54,434 views.  It was started just prior to my cancer diagnosis and has stretched over 3 pastoral assignments, Gaylord, Oglesby and now Machias.  I am not much of a writer.  I usually had more "red" marks on my English papers than my own "black" ink but I have found that it has been good for me to put my thoughts on paper or the page.  

I am still praying about where to go in the Bible with my "Wednesday in the Word."  I feel like I should head into the Old Testament for awhile.  So pray with me as I go through a little transition in my life and find the new normal that accomplishes what I think would glorify God.  It truly is all for His glory.

Adam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...