I can't seem to get enought of Need To Breathe...

From their live sessions - State I'm In




     1 Peter is coming along and this Sunday is one of those messages that I am looking forward to giving because I have learned so much from it.  Watching Peter string together a truth and then apply it to all situations with a motivation that spans everything that we do is so "neat" when it finally pops out at me.  We, as Christians, are to submit to God and then to others in regards to the general public (especially non-Christians) and to the governing authorities and to our bosses and then to our mate.  Why submit?  First because Jesus did and then because it is through our obedience to Him that people start to see Jesus and some will come to Him with the aid of Jesus working through our obedience.  They are not won by our words but aided by observing our obedience to His words even in the most difficult situations.  In respect to the section to the husbands, that obedience is crucial for our prayers not to be hindered.  How many times have I in my disobedience hinder my prayers to God for others for salvation?  So this Sunday is a time to wrap up this section by pulling together the common command and the common motive and the common obedience that we are to give even and especially in the hostile environment.

     I am starting to prepare my mind and heart for the 2nd weekend in August to visit the church that has called me to come candidate.  (Wow, that sounds so political.)  I have to set some of those thoughts aside or delegate them to just a portion of my day so that I complete what is in front of me here.  Seems hard to be excited about two places but that is what is happening to me right now.  I look forward to Sunday mornings here and the fall line up coming together and a possible men's retreat and all church lakeside service.  At the same time I am thinking and planning (if God wills) for a new place to use all that I have learned and experienced with a new body of believers.  I guess I was in this place when I was in Alpena and starting the church plant in Gaylord 18 years ago.  It was a challenge to pastor in two places 70 miles apart for a year before the move was made.  In August will mark the start of year 19 with the venture that I am so thankful that God took us on and supplied the energy and determination to go forward with.  I am sensing that again.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...