An update on the update...

     Stephanie and I are surrounded by 3 feet of snow and 6 more inches could come down tonight.  I guess I will just enjoy the sunrise this morning while it lasts.  The winter looks to be a long one and the wood pile is showing it or the lack of it.  

     On Sunday mornings we are at the cross and it has amazed me all that I have missed or just wasn't brought to light to me about the events surrounding this event.  Last Sunday was cemented for me that it was the sermon I will give at the community Good Friday service in a couple months.  I look forward to thinking about it over and over so that it comes out of me just as a normal part of my life.  I am praying now for those who will stand for Jesus that day.

     How is the search going?  Glad you asked!  "Not" would be the short answer but the fuller answer would be that God has been closing doors where we are not to be.  It is hard to be evaluated by a piece of paper and not the opportunity to represent yourself in person when that is what I do every Sunday.  But this is the process and I rest in the fact that through this electronic world of documents and audio files that just the right church or organization will say, "We need to meet this person."  I have investigated so many churches and documents because it is more than just a place to be but to be in a place that God wants us to be.  I am trying very hard to keep He in charge of this.  

     As a turn of events, I did have a skype interview with an organization called Samaritan Ministries.  Samaritan Ministries is a health share network of Christians that we are a part of for our health care needs.  That organization is bursting at the seams with all those joining as an alternative to health care so they are hiring to staff to accommodate.  They are a company in Peoria, IL of about 100 employees and have been on the top 50 Christian companies to work for the past 8 years.  It was a shot in the dark but they wanted to talk and so an initiate interview happened.  I haven't heard anything since then.  It would be a different turn for us but I don't want to box God in.  

     So I search and pray and continue to serve in my present assignment of the Lord.  He is blessing and He is moving and He is my comfort.

Adam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connect a bit of Scripture with a bit of life - Spurgeon

Galatians #15 - Galatians 6:11-18 - "On The Road Again..."

Sermon prep and maybe a video...